Tia Maria Coffee Recipe
Tia Maria is an ideal alcohol addition to a typical coffee and this recipe makes sure to combine the best of both Tia Maria and your favourite coffee ground to create a deliciously sweet and thick coffee experience. Tia Maria coffee makes for a brilliant dessert drink or a sneaky mid-weekend pick-me-up.
As a dark liqueur typically made using Jamaican coffee beans, Tia Maria is a natural choice to add to a mug of well-brewed coffee as the flavours are organically similar and so will sit alongside one another beautifully.
The added rum, vanilla, sugar and other spices in Tia Maria give it a delightful kick that adds a bit of spice to your average mug of coffee.
Used in cocktails worldwide, Tia Maria is a great addition to your coffee because it works so well as an after-dinner drink, or served as a stand-alone mug. The amount of variety you can add to this Tia Maria coffee recipe is limitless, allowing you to perfect your dream Tia Maria coffee.
Coffee-Direct’s Tia Maria flavoured blend combines the sweet, fragrant flavours of the Jamaican liqueur with a smooth, mild coffee, allowing you to make a delicious mug of Tia Maria coffee without the excess ingredients or the added time.
This flavoured coffee allows you to make a well-adored drink in minutes and still keep the original delicious flavours.
- 1 cafetière
- 1 kettle
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 mug or heat proof glass
- 2 tablespoons coffee grounds
- 125ml boiling water
- 30ml Tia Maria
- 50ml single cream
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Add two tablespoons of coffee grounds to your cafetière.
- Pour 125ml boiling water into your cafetière and place the lid on top.
- Leave coffee to brew for four minutes.
- Heat your mug or glass in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour 30ml of Tia Maria into your mug or glass.
- Press the coffee once brewed and pour over the Tia Maria, leaving room at the top of the mug or glass for the cream.
- Over the back of a teaspoon, drizzle the cream over the coffee so that it rests at the top of the drink.
- If using, layer whipped cream on top of the single cream.
- If using, sprinkle the chocolate shavings over the top of the whipped or single cream.
- Serve and enjoy.