Chocolate Coffee Recipe
Chocolate coffee, also known as the ‘Mocha’, is a delightful combination of chocolate and coffee. A mocha is typically based on the combination of an espresso and hot milk with added chocolate flavours, either through cocoa powder or chocolate syrup, and additional sweetener for those with a big sweet-tooth.
Mochas are a standard for most coffee shops as the indulgent mix of chocolate and coffee creates an irresistible drink. The great thing about mochas and this chocolate coffee recipe, is that they are quick and easy to make and don’t rely on a huge number of unattainable or hard to source ingredients.
If you don’t have cocoa powder to hand and are struggling to find some, feel free to swap the powder out with instant hot chocolate powder! This is also a great option for those who might be operating at a lower budget but still want that delicious chocolate/coffee combo.
If you’re using cocoa powder with this recipe, remember that cocoa powder isn’t naturally sweet like chocolate, making that tablespoon of sugar a necessity to cut through any bitterness from the powder and coffee. Feel free to reduce the amount of cocoa powder you use depending on the amount of chocolate flavour you’d like for your coffee!
Chocolate coffee is fabulous in the colder seasons as you get the caffeine kick from the coffee and the comforting taste of chocolate from the cocoa powder. If lockdown has got you working from home, this chocolate coffee recipe is a brilliant lunchtime drink to perk you up and keep you going through the working afternoon.
One of Coffee-Direct’s most popular flavoured coffees is the Chocolate Mocha blend with the beautifully balanced flavours of chocolate and coffee in this indulgent flavoured coffee that serves as a great Christmas present for a loved one or can be used to kickstart your day with it’s delicious flavours.
This mild coffee can be enjoyed straight from the cafetière or in your favourite filtered coffees.
- 1 cafetière
- 1 kettle
- 1 mug or heat proof glass
- 2 tablespoons coffee grounds
- 125ml boiling water
- 30ml milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Add two tablespoons of coffee grounds to your cafetière.
- Pour 125ml boiling water into your cafetière and place the lid on top.
- Leave coffee to brew for four minutes.
- Press the coffee once brewed and pour into your mug or glass.
- Stir into coffee 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder until all dissolved.
- Pour in 30ml milk and stir well.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of white sugar and stir well.
- Layer whipped cream on top of the coffee, if using.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Chocolate Mocha Flavoured Coffee
- Chocolate Mint Flavoured Coffee
- Chocolate Hazelnut Flavoured Coffee
- Swiss Chocolate Flavoured Coffee
As Featured In
Our recipes and coffee tips have been featured in the following publications: