Vanilla Nut Coffee Recipe
Vanilla extract or vanilla syrup is a flavour that is well known to most coffee drinkers, with Starbucks, Costa and most other coffee shops delivering steaming mugs of coffee with touches of vanilla.
The mild, sweet and truly delicious flavour of vanilla works so exquisitely with coffee because it’s gentle sweetening can be added to a mug of coffee without overpowering the original notes of the coffee.
This recipe combines the lovely taste of vanilla with other spices to bring you a mug of coffee that will take you straight back to cosy winter holidays. Quick and easy to make, this vanilla nut coffee recipe combines some of the most traditional coffee flavours using ingredients that can be found in most baking cupboards.
Vanilla extract or vanilla syrup is one of these ingredients. Easy to come by, this magical flavour can sweeten your coffee with just a few drops without the calorie count that comes from sweetening coffee with sugar or creamer.
Health benefits of vanilla have been widely researched and shows that vanilla can ease joint pains and other aches as well as increasing your mood. Vanilla has also been proven to increase digestive performance and can alleviate stomach aches, making it a great substitute for thicker sweeteners such as cream or syrups.
All in all, what’s not to like?
Coffee-Direct’s mild vanilla nut coffee blend serves up a coffee experience that is sweet, full-bodied and excellent paired with desserts. The nutty flavours of vanilla nut pairs brilliantly with the rich and layered notes of the coffee beans to give a slightly sweet mug of coffee that is not overpowering.
- 1 cafetière
- 1 kettle
- 1 mug or heat proof glass
- 2 tablespoons coffee grounds
- 125ml boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla syrup or 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of hazelnut syrup
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Add two tablespoons of coffee grounds to your cafetière.
- Pour 125ml boiling water into your cafetière and place the lid on top.
- Leave coffee to brew for four minutes.
- In your mug or glass, add 1 tablespoon of vanilla syrup or 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Add into your mug or glass 1 tablespoon of hazelnut syrup, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of grated nutmeg.
- Press the coffee once brewed and pour into the mug or glass containing the syrup and spices.
- Stir well.
- Layer whipped cream on top of the coffee, if using.
- Serve and enjoy.