Homemade Iced Frappe - Vanilla, Mocha and Mocha Chip!
With summer just about with us (between the rain showers anyway!), many of us look to cold coffee drinks as a refreshing alternative to more traditional beverages. But did you know that it's incredibly easy to make perfect iced frappe at home? With just a few indulgent ingredients, and some of our freshly roasted coffee, you'll soon be whipping up delicious blended coffee drinks to enjoy during the warm summer months (or drizzly, May afternoons for that matter!)
Here's what you'll need:
- 350ml of Very Strong Brewed Coffee or Espresso, Chilled. We'd recommend Ernesto, Continental, Golden Crema, Buckaroo, Director's or Italian.
- 240ml Whole Milk (more to taste)
- 1/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (feel free to add more if desired!)
- Whipped Cream
Vanilla Iced Frappe
In a blender, mix the coffee, milk, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Top off the blender with ice and blend until smooth and icy. Serve in a glass and add a generous swirl of cream to finish.
Mocha Iced Frappe
As above, but add chocolate syrup to the mixture at the beginning.
Mocha Chip Iced Frappe
As per the Mocha Iced Frappe, but add chocolate chips to the mixture. To finish add chocolate syrup on top of the whipped cream, and dot with chocolate chips for a real treat!