Cinnamon Coffee Recipe
Cinnamon coffee adds a tasty and warming treat to any original pressed coffee. As a spice that usually signifies the arrival of Autumn, this cinnamon coffee recipe is great for the colder months of the year or, if you’re missing crunchy leaves and frosted windows, can be used during warmer months to invoke that special winter feel.
Cinnamon’s enchanting aroma adds another layer of flavour and warmth that tempts most coffee drinkers. Cinnamon coffee has such a strong appeal because the flavours of coffee and cinnamon complement each other so well.
Dating back as early as 2,000 BC, cinnamon is a well-loved spice that has been used across continents for its taste and medicinal properties. Cinnamon enhances the taste of coffee whilst smoothing out the coffee’s sometimes bitter edges with its own deep and layered spicy taste.
Not only does cinnamon have a whole host of health benefits, but it’s flavouring can sweeten the bitter tinge of coffee brilliantly. With the option of additional whipped cream, this recipe offers a delicious cup of coffee with an added sugar rush.
Cinnamon is well known to be a ‘health boost’ spice, helping to regulate blood sugar levels, increasing antioxidants and even working wonders for your teeth by removing harmful bacteria and tooth decay!
In this recipe, the blending of coffee grounds and cinnamon sticks together guarantees a smooth blend of cinnamon and coffee with that hint of spice that’s well known to all avid cinnamon lovers.
If cinnamon coffee makes your tongue tingle with delight, why not try Coffee-Direct’s own range of aromatic cinnamon coffee? Ideal for filter coffees and cafetière use, the luxuriously sweet flavours mixed with deep, warm spice makes Coffee-Direct’s cinnamon coffee an ideal choice for lattes, cappuccinos and strong macchiatos.
- 1 cafetière
- 1 kettle
- 1 milk frother or saucepan
- 1 mug or heat proof glass
- 2 tablespoons coffee grounds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 125ml boiling water
- 180ml milk
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Add two tablespoons of coffee grounds to your cafetière.
- Break 2 cinnamon sticks into pieces and add them to the coffee grounds.
- Pour 180ml boiling water into your cafetière and place the lid on top.
- Leave coffee to brew for four minutes.
- Whilst your coffee is brewing, pour 180ml milk into your frother and froth, or pour milk into a saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk constantly.
- If using a saucepan, when the milk is foamy and light, remove from heat.
- Press your coffee once it has brewed and pour into your mug or glass, leaving room at the top for the frothed milk. Add the frothed milk to the coffee.
- For additional sweetness, garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy.